Welcome to the Sixth Form. We offer a structured and supportive environment where students will flourish and develop the independent learning skills and responsibility to be successful in their chosen careers, training and Higher Education.
We place great emphasis on academic achievement but also encourage students to broaden their experiences, to involve themselves in the community and to enjoy learning in its broadest context.
Deadline for Sixth Form applications was 29th January 2021.
Offers made will be conditional and based on exam results. Students’ applications are considered on an individual basis.
For all information relating to September 2021 entry, please click on this link - Applications for 2021 Entry . You will find a recording our live virtual Open Evening along with videos from each of our subject areas.
If upon enrolment you have been asked to view the details regarding Sixth Form Summer School, please use this link here to sign up. Sixth Form Summer School
There is an optional cost of £50 for enrolling in 6th form — this includes various extra- curricular trips, lanyard/fob/ folders and dividers for each subject, leavers t-shirt/hoody.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Students in the Sixth Form are expected to wear smart, formal business wear clothing of their own choice. It must be clothing that would be worn in a professional or managerial environment. This can take the form of a suit or separates.
- Shirts and other tops must not be low cut and must cover the cleavage and midriff. T-shirts and tops with thin straps are not acceptable as outerwear.
- Trousers should not be tight fitting and leggings should only be worn under a skirt or dress.
- Skirts and dresses should be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Shoes should be smart and suitable for moving round the Academy (trainers, stilettos, Ugg boots, sandals and flip-flops are not acceptable).
- Discreet facial make-up, nail varnish and discreet jewellery may be worn.
- Trousers should not be tight fitting and should cover the whole leg.
- Shoes should be smart and suitable for moving round the Academy (trainers, sandals, combat style boots and flip-flops are not acceptable).
- Shirts can be either long or short sleeve. Shirts worn with a round neck sweater do not have to be worn with a tie, however shirts worn with either a v-neck sweater, blazer or without any of these, a tie must be worn. The shirt should cover the midriff. Smart fitted turtle neck jumpers are permitted.
Girls and Boys:
- Garments made of denim, or hooded tops, are not acceptable.
- Piercings should be discreet, no obtrusive piercings, if unsure check with your progress leader first.
- Dyed hair colours are not preferred at Hazeley Academy however when dyed, hair must not be bold in colour and must blend in as a natural hair colour. If students are unsure whether this will conform to the policy, then they are advised to discuss with their relevant Progress Leader before treatment.
In warm weather, during the summer term
- Boys may wear a plain coloured polo shirt with a small logo and no tie, together with a pair of trousers.
- Plimsoll style shoes of one colour, with laces (not slip-ons), may be worn.
- Girls may wear a pair of tailored shorts which sit no higher than 3 inches above the knee.
Headphones & phones
- Headphones are not to be worn anywhere in the Academy building (excluding the Hub).
- Mobile Phones are not to be used anywhere in the Academy building (excluding the Hub & the Academy canteen)
This list is not exhaustive and individual judgements may be made by the Sixth Form Management.