Welcome to the Sixth Form. We offer a structured and supportive environment where students will flourish and develop the independent learning skills and responsibility to be successful in their chosen careers, training and Higher Education.
We place great emphasis on academic achievement but also encourage students to broaden their experiences, to involve themselves in the community and to enjoy learning in its broadest context.
Please see Sixth Form Prospectus and Information Booklet attachments below for further information.
If you wish to know more about the Sixth Form please contact the Sixth Form office - 01908 555620 ext 668 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hazeley 6th Form Open Evening- 5th November 2020 at 6.00pm
Our open evening this year will be an online virtual event, with a presentation from Mrs Mayles (Assistant Principal - Director of Sixth Form) and Mr Nelson (Principal) on what our sixth form has to offer, the curriculum, how to apply and much more. Alongside this there will be subject specific information videos and student videos for you to watch. Please click video link here for a Message from Mrs Mayles .
Please use the following link to sign up to the live event.
We will also be posting subject videos for you to watch at your leisure for students to find out more about each of the subjects we offer.
All students, both internal and external, will be interviewed in February.
Offers made will be conditional and based on exam results.
Students’ applications are considered on an individual basis.
There is an optional cost of £50 for enrolling in 6th form - this includes various extra- curricular trips, lanyard/fob/ folders and dividers for each subject, leavers t-shirt/hoody.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Students in the Sixth Form are expected to wear smart, formal business wear clothing of their own choice. It must be clothing that would be worn in a professional or managerial environment. This can take the form of a suit or separates.
- Shirts and other tops must not be low cut and must cover the cleavage and midriff. T-shirts and tops with thin straps are not acceptable as outerwear.
- Trousers should not be tight fitting and leggings should only be worn under a skirt or dress.
- Skirts and dresses should be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Shoes should be smart and suitable for moving round the Academy (trainers, stilettos, Ugg boots, sandals and flip-flops are not acceptable).
- Discreet facial make-up, nail varnish and discreet jewellery may be worn.
- Trousers should not be tight fitting and should cover the whole leg.
- Shoes should be smart and suitable for moving round the Academy (trainers, sandals, combat style boots and flip-flops are not acceptable).
- Shirts can be either long or short sleeve. Shirts worn with a round neck sweater do not have to be worn with a tie, however shirts worn with either a v-neck sweater, blazer or without any of these, a tie must be worn. The shirt should cover the midriff. Smart fitted turtle neck jumpers are permitted.
Girls and Boys:
- Garments made of denim, or hooded tops, are not acceptable.
- Piercings should be discreet, no obtrusive piercings, if unsure check with your progress leader first.
- Dyed hair colours are not preferred at Hazeley Academy however when dyed, hair must not be bold in colour and must blend in as a natural hair colour. If students are unsure whether this will conform to the policy, then they are advised to discuss with their relevant Progress Leader before treatment.
In warm weather, during the summer term
- Boys may wear a plain coloured polo shirt with a small logo and no tie, together with a pair of trousers.
- Plimsoll style shoes of one colour, with laces (not slip-ons), may be worn.
- Girls may wear a pair of tailored shorts which sit no higher than 3 inches above the knee.
Headphones & phones
- Headphones are not to be worn anywhere in the Academy building (excluding the Hub).
- Mobile Phones are not to be used anywhere in the Academy building (excluding the Hub & the Academy canteen)
This list is not exhaustive and individual judgements may be made by the Sixth Form Management.