Our aim is to promote Art and Design as a visual language with transferable skills ,valued not just as a creative outlet but also for its contribution to the holistic education of all learners.
To achieve our aim, we will :
Follow structured but flexible Schemes of Work that –
- Have identifiable goals and expectations for all abilities -
- Provide a logical sequential and challenging progression of skill, expertise and understanding -
- Provide insight into to a variety of artists, styles and genres.
- Provide opportunities to experiment with a range of materials and processes.
- Provide opportunities to explore and develop ideas through a range of strategies including blended and flipped learning.
- To enable the making of creative, imaginative and personalised 2D and 3D outcomes.
- Supported by homework that is meaningful and adds value to the topic.
- With an assessment process which aims to promote and monitor pupil progress accurately –
- And incorporates activities structured to support career goals in line with the Gatsby benchmarks.
- Delivered in stimulating environments with Magenta style strategies, that encourage, develop and strengthen.
- Independent and lateral thinking through questioning, and cross curricular tasks, and exposure to external workshops and competitions.
- Oracy through debates, discussions , group critiques and reflective self and peer assessments.
- Analytical skills evidenced by annotations which use subject specific terminology.
We aspire to students to -
- Feel supported and valued
- Develop the confidence to independently explore, research and experiment in order to develop and construct their creative outcomes
- Be aware of the skills and qualities required of them as they see the logic, relevance and value of their work
- Be engaged, motivated inspired and enthusiastic
- Have a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction, pride in their achievements and efforts whatever their individual ability level.