A-Level Results 2023
Exceptional Results for a Remarkable Community of Young People
The Year 13 class of 2023 faced many additional challenges in preparation for their BTecs, A-Levels and vocational qualifications. From the disruption to their learning in the lower years, to their GCSEs being cancelled due to the Covid pandemic.
Our Hazeley community knows that it is how we react to the challenge that defines us, and the class of 2023 responded with the Hazeley 5Cs of character, confidence, creativity, contributing and community incredibly well.
This exceptional group of young people not only gained excellent results, but they also grew through contributing, organising Hazeley’s remarkable Culture Day, as well as a record number of them growing through taking part in school and community volunteering.
An important factor in many of these successes is being part of the 5 Dimensions Trust, working with one of our partner schools, Shenley Brook End School, raising expectations, sharing best practice and supporting each other.
Some of our highest achievers and their intended destinations are listed below, where possible, we have included their primary schools as we know they will be interested to see how their much-loved former students have progressed.
· Jacob A*A*AA Maths - Durham University
· Marcos A*A*AA Chemistry - UCL
· Leyla A*A*A Plus A EPQ Physics - Manchester University
· Diana A*A*A* Biology - Oxford University
· Sam G A*A*A Cellular Molecular Medicine - Bristol University
· Evie S A*AA plus A EPQ Law – York University. Attended Oxley Park Academy
· Gareth AAA Computer Science- Sheffield University
· Amaya A*AAB - Exeter University
· Anabel AAA Veterinary Medicine - Royal Veterinary College. Attended Giles Brook Primary School
· Mia A*AB plus A EPQ French and History - Nottingham University
· Shabika A*AB Economics - Nottingham University
· Rachael A*AB Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience - Royal Holloway
· Hayden Dis*Dis* B - Full time Employment. Attended Oxley Park Academy
· Tin Yan AAB Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies and Management – Leeds University – Attended Summerfield Primary School
· Holly A*A*B Primary Education - University West of England
· Megan Dis*Dis B Nursing – Southampton University. Attended Priory Rise Primary School
· Olivia A*AB Psychology – Warwick University. Attended Oxley Park Academy
· Zar AAB Biomedical Science - UCL
· Cacia AAB Accounting and Finance - Aston University - Attended Rickley Park Primary School
· Jamie AAB Psychology Lincoln University - Attended Oxley Park Academy
· Sawan A*AB Computer Science - Loughborough University. Attended Greenley’s Primary School
Many of our students have shown character, confidence, creativity and contribution in our community. Those below have been highlighted by displaying these 5C’s by our Sixth Form Team.
· Aishwarya – Economics
We also would like to celebrate our students who have gained an apprenticeship.
· Qunain – Finance Apprenticeship. Attended St Marys and St Giles Primary School
· Archie – Degree Apprenticeship with Leonardo. Attended Oxley Park Academy
Most importantly, all our students will leave Hazeley as better versions of themselves, ready to take on the opportunities and challenges of the next phase of their lives.
We are immensely proud of every one of them and hope that they carry on making the 5D Hazeley vision of “growing a vibrant community of exceptional people” a reality, growing into the very best versions of themselves and helping others do the same.