Board of Directors
WEBSITE GOVERNANCE STATEMENT – THE HAZELEY ACADEMY
The Hazeley Academy is a single Academy Trust. An academy trust is a company limited by guarantee and an exempt charity.
The members of the Trust are:
- Malcolm Dobell
- Ian Clarkson
- Rebecca Howell
- Tony Nelson
Date of Appointment
Members guarantee the liabilities of the Trust, have ultimate responsibility for the Trust achieving its charitable objectives, approve the Articles of Association and have the power to appoint and remove Trustees as set out in the Articles.
- STRATEGY COMMITTEE TERMS OF REFERENCE (click here)
- FINANCE, INFRASTRUCTURE AND PERSONNEL COMMITTEE (click here)
- Terms of Reference: Standards, Personalisation and Curriculum Development (click here)
Members, although they are the custodians of the governance of the Trust. meet rarely in normal circumstances. They will hold an Annual General Meeting once a year; additional meetings can be convened if necessary.
The Trust is run by the Board of Trustees.
The Trustees are:
|Name||Category||start date||end date|
The Board is responsible for, and oversees, the management and administration of the school and has the following three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of each school in the Trust and making sure its money is well spent.
The attendance of the Trustees is shown in the tables below
The Trust has 3 Committees:
- Finance, Infrastructure and Personnel
- Standards, Personalisation and Curriculum Development
The terms of reference for each committee can be found earlier/above on this page.
- The Memorandum of Association is here
- The Articles of Association are here
- The Funding agreement is here
Declared pecuniary and business interests and governance roles in other educational institutions are currently being updated and will be updated shortly.
|Name||Pecuniary Interest (26-9-17)|
|Ampaw-Farr||Jaz||Which Phonic Ltd – educational consultant|
The Annual Accounts will go onto the website in January each year and can be found on the policies/statement page of the website here.
The charging and remissions policy can also be found on the policies/statement page of the website here.
*To contact the Board of Directors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Mrs Gough on 01908 555620 and she will pass on your message.