The dress code below is taken from our SIXTH FORM HANDBOOK 2016-17:
Dress Code Students in the Sixth Form are expected to wear smart, formal business wear clothing of their own choice. It must be clothing that would be worn in a professional or managerial environment. This can take the form of a suit or separates.
- Shirts and other tops must not be low cut and must cover the cleavage and midriff. T-shirts and tops with thin straps are not acceptable as outerwear.
- Trousers should not be tight fitting and leggings should only be worn under a skirt or dress.
- Skirts and dresses should be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Shoes should be smart and suitable for moving round the Academy (trainers, stilettos, Ugg boots, sandals and flip-flops are not acceptable).
- Discreet facial make-up, nail varnish and discreet jewellery may be worn.
- Shirts can be either long or short sleeved and should be worn with a tie at all times. The shirt should cover the midriff, v-line around the neck and must have a collar.
- Trousers should not be tight fitting and should cover the whole leg.
- Shoes should be smart and suitable for moving round the Academy (trainers, sandals, combat style boots and flip-flops are not acceptable).
Girls and Boys:
- Garments made of denim, or hooded tops, are not acceptable.
- Piercings should be discreet, no obtrusive piercings, if unsure check with your progress leader first.
- Dyed hair colours are not preferred at Hazeley Academy however when dyed, hair must not be bold in colour and must blend in as a natural hair colour. If students are unsure whether this will conform to the policy, then they are advised to discuss with their relevant Progress Leader before treatment.
In warm weather, during the summer term
- Boys may wear a plain coloured polo shirt with a small logo and no tie, together with a pair of trousers.
- Plimsoll style shoes of one colour, with laces (not slip-ons), may be worn.
- Girls may wear a pair of tailored shorts which sit no higher than 3 inches above the knee.
Headphones & phones
- Headphones are not to be worn anywhere in the Academy building (excluding the Hub).
- Mobile Phones are not to be used anywhere in the Academy building (excluding the Hub & the Academy canteen)
This list is not exhaustive and individual judgements may be made by the Sixth Form Management.