Principal’s Blog 17th August – Record A-level Results at The Hazeley AcademyAugust 17th, 2017
Record A-level Results at The Hazeley Academy
Students and staff are today celebrating record A level results. An almost perfect pass rate with an exceptionally high number of students gaining top grades, especially in mathematics, economics, history, geography, languages, psychology, business studies, law and the sciences.
The initial analysis suggests that results are amongst the top 10-25% in the country in terms of progress, with high ability students performing particularly well compared to similar students in other schools, broadly gaining one grade higher than their counterparts in “average schools”.
Two of our students will be heading to Cambridge University.
Other notable high flyers include:
- Cerys Hughes A*AAA – Nottingham Chemistry
- Daniel Onan A*AAA- UCL- Scandinavian Studies
- Priya Vashistha A*AA – LSE- Accounting and Finance
- Amy Wells A*A*AB – York – Molecular Cell Biology
- Liam Critcher A*A*A – Nottingham – Mathematics (AC)
- Hamid Miah AAA – Bath – Economics
- Kiaah Ubhi AAA – Gap Year
- Yasmina Bugel A*AB- Leeds Law
- Huma Mahmood AAB- Birmingham – Bio Chemistry
- Anjali Kumar A*A*C – Birmingham – Politics, Policy and Economics
It is great to see these wonderful young people interacting with their exceptional teachers and receiving such outstanding results as a reward for all their hard work.
Well done to all students, staff, parents and governors; outcomes like these are all from an exceptional team effort.