School uniform image – please click on the image for a larger version.
From 1st September 2018 Kedaph Schoolwear will be Hazeley’s only uniform supplier – www.kedaphschoolwear.co.uk
Guidance for Hazeley Academy Uniform
Please note that from September 2019, students wishing to wear a skirt must wear one of the two compulsory styles shown below.
Compulsory skirt options:
Pleated – £16.99 Straight – £14.99
For more information, please visit our uniform provider’s website – https://kedaphschoolwear.co.uk/your-school/the-hazeley-academy or arrange to visit the shop for a trial.
The Hazeley Academy Uniform
The Hazeley Academy Dress Code – Years 7-11
Dark Green Blazer with the Academy badge
- Plain Black V-Neck Jumper with long sleeves (no logos on jumper and no cardigans)
- Academy tie
- Plain white formal shirt
- Formal black trousers or recommended black skirt
- Plain dark or tan tights or plain black or white socks
- Plain black shoes
- A watch and one pair of stud earrings are allowed if a student wishes
PE and Sports Uniform
Black/Scarlet outdoor sports top with The Hazeley logo (unisex)
- Black shorts/skort (plain black tracksuit bottoms/sports leggings in the winter)
- Black outdoor socks
- Training shoes/boots as appropriate
- Black Hazeley hooded top with Hazeley logo (optional)
- Shin pads/Gum shields as appropriate
- White PE Polo shirt with The Hazeley logo * (girls’ fitted style available)
- Black shorts/skort
- White ankle socks
- White trainers / footwear as appropriate (non marking soles)
What is not acceptable?
The following must be adhered to:
- Jeans, cords, hoodies, cardigans, trainers, polo shirts, caps and sweat bands are not part of the uniform and should not be worn.
- Black shoes should be worn that are sensible for the Academy and not of trainer appearance. Shoes must be completely black with no coloured soles/heels/laces/logos.
Girls’ shoes must have a sensible heel.
Shirts and blouses must be tucked in with the collar fastened and ties knotted and worn in a traditional manner.
Skirts that are short in length are not permitted. They must be worn to the knee or just above.
Hair colour and style must be appropriate for the Academy. Bright fashion hair colours are not appropriate.
Rings, large earrings , necklaces and bangles are not part of the uniform and should not be worn
Nose studs and other facial and body piercing jewellery must not be worn.
Makeup should be discreet and nail varnish should be clear only.
Shoes – To clarify our expectations:
The shoe must be leather/synthetic leather/leather style ‘school shoe’.
- All black.
- It can be laced or have Velcro, or straps.
- It can have a pointed toe or rounded one.
- The heel should not be excessive if it has one.
- There should be no visible branding e.g. a Nike swoosh or the toe cover on a Converse shoe.
Styles and brands that are not acceptable:
Trainers of any type including, but not, exclusively –
- Nike – or Nike style trainers
- Converse – or Converse style trainers
- Vans – or Vans style trainers in either leather or canvas
If worn, skirts must be formal and black. Skirts must not be tight fitted, made of stretchy fabric or have a fashion belt. Please refer to our recommended skirt supplier. Please note that from September 2019, students wishing to wear a skirt must wear one of the two compulsory styles shown above.
Trousers must be black. They should not be ‘skinny or ‘tight ’ or have a fashion belt .
The Hazeley Academy branded items can be purchased from our designated supplier. Details are available on our website.
We are very much aware that some retailers do sell ‘school uniform’ items that are not appropriate for Hazeley and ask parents to please check our uniform policy before making a purchase.