The Science Faculty includes the following subjects:
On the links below for the different key stages you will find year specific information on specifications, course content, important dates, examination boards, etc.
Updated September 2017
|Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4||Key Stage 5|
|Year 7 and 8 Science FLIP||GCSE Science FLIP||A LEVEL BIOLOGY FLIP 2017-2018|
|Year 12 and 13 Chemistry FLIP|
|KS5 FLIP Physics 2017-2018|
The Hazeley Academy became a Science Specialist College in 2008 and obtained redesignation in 2010 (whilst still The Hazeley School).
As a Science Specialist Academy we are committed to our students and the continual development of Science and Mathematics provision across the Academy. We always work as a team to keep raising the overall enjoyment and achievement of all students. As core subjects we also have an important role in supporting the whole Academy as we strive to ensure every student achieves their best.
Since designation we have built on our strengths and developed areas and it is clear that we:
- have exceptional results at Key Stage 4 and results to be proud of at both A level and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- are delivering lessons which help establish Science as the centre of excellence in Science and Mathematics.
- combine the tried and tested in our teaching and learning, along with innovative approaches embracing the future, including our approach to the use of ICT.
- offer our students a personalised approach to their studies with a variety of vocational and academic progression routes which cater for all abilities and ensure that young people leaving The Hazeley Academy are equipped with relevant knowledge and skills for the world of work.
- are active partners in our learning community, working closely with our partner schools, local initial teacher training universities and the wider community, sharing resources and expertise with them all.
- incorporate an international aspect to our learning wherever possible.
We are driven to create a safe, caring, challenging environment which offers the opportunity to secure the highest standards of achievement and in which we constantly assess the quality of teaching in Science and Mathematics and celebrate the learning outcomes achieved by all of our students.